Pan Bloglodytes

One Monkey. One Typewriter. No Shakespeare.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Into Winter: The Dull Bit Continues

Edinburgh, lovely as it is, is a lot like a celebrity: It seems beautiful and lovely when the tourists are around, but becomes cold, icy and waterlogged when they leave. And we've finaly crossed the threshold, it seems: I crossed at least three massive puddles on my way home today, one of which was a road. The rain is falling horizontaly, upwards, and in basicly any direction which ensures it'll hit my face. It's going to be fun when the foreign students realise just how far North they really are, which judging by today will be very soon indeed.

The work really is piling up, now: I'm writing a report on an experiment I haven't done yet, which is a bit metaphysical of me. The only reason I can be here talking to you, as opposed to using triangles to work out how fast a gazelle dies, is because I left all my work at home by mistake, and I can't be bothered in any case right now. It is very cold.

Interesting things soon, I promise. But not now. Icicles are forming on my thumbs.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HEY TURNIP,

    iF EDINBURGH IS A CELEBRITY, WHICH ONE WOULD IT BE ?

    VICTOR MELDREW ??

     
  • At 8:51 pm, Blogger Em said…

    Hehe. It's still summer here pretty much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home