Pan Bloglodytes

One Monkey. One Typewriter. No Shakespeare.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Tales from a Balding World

It's a bit scary, being a science student. Even though you know the common conception of, well, non Arts-Grads is based on prejudices and misconceptions, usualy started by people who haven't met many science students, there's always a small part of you that thinks you'll wake up dribbling and bald. It's especialy bad in Edinburgh, as the powers that be decided to put the Arts Campus in the centre of town, and the Science one about 17 miles away, the upshot being you end up walking through sleet and rain while everyone else buys coffee and satirical magazines. Which they don't sell at the Science Campus, because Science students are like, nerds. I presume.

It's probably just paranoia, of course. Today was certainly full of science-related fun: I went to the Darwin Library, a building which resembles a time-warp to the 1970s in every possible way (I swear everything turns a little yellower as you walk in), and vainly tried to work out what on Earth my lecturer was on about as he read poems related to the origin of life. It's all good. Amazingly interesting things are still thin on the ground, though, which made me turn my attention to the media. It's unbelievably depressing. Being 18 sucks, although you could wring that conclusion out of pretty every blog published, ever.

I can't update this weekend for a really exciting reason, but I can't tell you what it is. Have a good one, though, and be sure to smile at a Scientist for me, because God knows they get enough negative publicity, even without mice with ears on their backs running around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home