Pan Bloglodytes

One Monkey. One Typewriter. No Shakespeare.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Appropriately, the post on Politics arrives days late, overbudget, and isn't very good

I'm sorry about the lack of updating over the weekend. Interesting things happened, but they all had a tendancy to exhaust me horribly in increasingly humiliating ways, so there we go. This might be a short post as it is, as the cleaning lady is in the next room over, and given the number of crumbs in here, I'm pretty sure she hasn't been in here yet. So I'll try and be concise, then I'll fail.

I had a great night last night, again involving nothing stronger than hot chocolate. I went to the Politics Society by mistake, and ended up listening to a debate on ID cards, which, as everyone who they'd got to speak in favour of ID cards hadn't turned up, morphed into a "let's all critisise ID cards" fest. I even ended up forming a vauge opinion, which, if memory serves, was "Politics is a bit rubbish".

Anyway, things got interesting after that. Ish. I met the vice-secretary of the Edinburgh University Labour Party, who's, well, a parody of himself. Ask him a question and he'll answer it in perfect Politicalese, complete with Blairite pauses. I was bloody impressed at his defence of the bit of the Labour Conference when they threw out the 82 year old man, which he almost made sound like a good idea. He could probably justify murdering Tory candidates in their sleep, and we'd all giggle and smile. Politics is a bit rubbish.

That's all I can really put without risking libel action, sadly. Until I can muster the strength for a decent update, sleep well. And be aware of what your opinions actualy are, just in case someone comes along and gives you one of their own, bit by bit in tiny soundbites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home