Pan Bloglodytes

One Monkey. One Typewriter. No Shakespeare.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Forecast Looks Glum

I'm beginning to suspect that a large majority of the small minority of Students here who know who I am think I'm a bit rubbish, and right now I feel somewhat prone to agree with them. Observe: I tried to go to the Philosophy Society today (It was "What is Beauty?", which in my opinion isn't the most interesting topic in all the World, although I thought they should have held it in the ugliest building they could find just for fun), only to simultaneously get lost and be late, while confusing some Third Years unintentionaly for good measure. It just sort of happens. Prior to this, I went to dinner, had a stupidly small amount of salad to eat, and ended up sitting next to the most interesting person ever. And here's the thing. While he was talking about Japanese culture and the functional grammar of Shakespeare (University. People really do that here), I was sitting spilling couscous all over my trousers and completely unable to say a word. Most people feel they lose their identity at Uni, and I'm one of them, but in my case the replacement appears to have become lost somewhere around Inverness. I feel very boring, and while I know that I thought lots of interesting things, once, I can't remember what any of them actualy were. So I feel a bit rubbish today.

It's probably just the weather. Edinburgh does wind like Glasgow does drunken crime: It's everywhere you go, and has a tendancy to bellow out of nowhere and knock you over. I had to walk to Princes Street yesterday sideways, which wouldn't have been so bad if the rain wasn't travelling upwards into my face due to a facinating meterological quirk. Once I actualy get a decent night's sleep and a waterproof that is I'll be fine. Then I won't feel rubbish, I'll hold my head high, and I'll talk cheerfuly to anyone about Japanese linguistics, while spilling couscous wherever I damn well please.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:32 pm, Blogger Em said…

    I feel like that and I'm not in University. What could it be? Hmm...

    I suppose there's a time for everything.

    By the way, if you want to get rid of those automated messages go to your settings and set up the thing that puts funky words that only real people can type in. I'm sorry I don't know what it's called but I'm sure you can figure it out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home