Pan Bloglodytes

One Monkey. One Typewriter. No Shakespeare.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Boring in the Mor(n)ing

Somewhat unpromisingly for the Blog, I feel very, very dull today- I have a suspision I left the interesting bit of myself back in Aberdeen, so God knows what it's doing there. In tears, probably. I got lost in several places again today, and walked 3 kilometeres in half an hour so not to miss a lecture. Student life isn't supposed to be that hard.

You know when you feel all things of interest you have to say slowly dissolving from your mind? Yeah, that's going on right now. This better not be the point of University, or in four years time all I'll be fit to talk about is what I'm doing in the immediate future and winches. Winches are quite dull.

...And I realise I've sailed into a problem here, one independant of the one where I'm a hopeless moron. Now that I'm a proper Biology student, most of the things that happen to me will be, well, really boring to anybody who isn't in the field. "A funny thing happened to me while analysing an asymptotic graph" does not the best Blog make. But hopefully things will be okay. Not today, though. I'm dull today.

Joe isn't, though. Joe is really interesting, and thanks to my being influential and all now has a Blog of his own. Read all about him at http://gayatedinburgh.blogspot.com, a Blog so called because he is indeed gay, and does indeed live in Edinburgh. To achieve such a zen-like state here I'd have to be a large frying pan who walked around explaining terrible puns to people. That wouldn't be dull, though, and so would defeat the whole purpose of the post, so we won't be talking about that any more.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:04 pm, Blogger Em said…

    You must get sick of just me commenting here. So I am sorry. But anyways, I just wanted to say I do enjoy hearing about biology stuff. While I'm not particulary gifted in science I do enjoy biology to some extent. And if it goes over my head I will most likely regard it as something delightfully geeky and so it'll be okay. And I think it will be okay, if indeed you only have 2 or 3 readers including me.
    Also, "You know when you feel all things of interest you have to say slowly dissolving from your mind?"
    Yes I do believe I know and that would be why my blog entries have been deteriorating(I think my spelling is too?That doesn't look right) over time from these deep analyzations of my inner being and such to a cheesy inside joke that truly means nothing and really wasn't worth telling about. But then what is a blog? If you think about it, it isn't much and so I've decide that maybe I shouldn't worry about it so much. It'll be gone one day and the reason people make them is only to entertain others. I'm not very good at that but I've decided perhaps the important thoughts were best kept in my head all along. I can't really believe myself though. I don't know. Do what you must. It'll be fantastic either way since you are such a gifted writer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home