Pan Bloglodytes

One Monkey. One Typewriter. No Shakespeare.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Glazed and Confused

Everyone seems to have a point in life where they suddenly look at themselves and realize they've become really thick. I'm worried it just happened to me. I spent three hours today looking at some graphs, and at the end of it I still didn't even know which way up they were supposed to go. I imagined University would be hard, but I imagined it being hard in a way that was at least slightly stimulating, not a way where you have to decipher 14 different tables simultaniously, each one of which contradicts the other ones. I guess that's life. And it gets worse once I've deciphered the graphs: I have to plot one of my own using values that don't exist, before writing a clear and lucid expliation of how elegant and simple Science is. It's all a bit of a nightmare. Good job it doesn't have to be in for 9 days, and I get to don my Liberal hat tonight and go to a talk about the Death Penalty. It isn't all bad.

That's pretty much all that happened today. I did have a lot of exciting and stimulating thoughts, but I either can't remember what they were or have a dim idea of how rubbish they are, so I won't be discussing those today. I rearranged large quantities of wierdly-shaped glass. But that isn't exactly thrilling either. Sorry, guys.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Has this anonymous guy signed his name? Or is Adrian someone else?

     
  • At 8:09 pm, Blogger Turnip said…

    I don't know who's real or who's not around these comments any more. It might turn out I'm not real, in an exciting twist, but I find that somewhat unlikely, what with being me and all.

     
  • At 8:28 pm, Blogger Em said…

    That's an automated message. If it has links that have nothing to do with your journal then it should be obvious. I already told you how to get rid of it somewhere else.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home