Pan Bloglodytes

One Monkey. One Typewriter. No Shakespeare.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Oh, no.

I remember when I first heard about The Tsunami (the only event I can think of so awful that it doesn't even have a proper name) I was in Tescos, and just happened to glance at the front pages of the newspapers. The slow, rapidly increasing horror as I realised something unbelievably awful had happened is something I'm not quite sure I'll ever forget (although I did find out about the London bombings as soon as I'd finished having a conversation about how my Sister's friend had just gone to London, on the Tube, which was in it's own way even worse).

First things first. Are you okay, Rectalgia? Total idiot that I am, it didn't actualy occur to me where you lived until it occured to me that a fucking major disaster had happened, which is to say about five minutes ago. I really, really hope you're alright, and everyone you know is, and things don't get even worse than they already are. My friend knows people in New Orleans. I spent all yesterday insulting him for no reason. I'm going to the Ninth Circle of Hell.

Katrina sounds worse every time I hear about it, in short. And that's all I can say, really. I hope you're all okay, people reading this. People you know, too.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:19 pm, Blogger Em said…

    Oh yes I'm quite alright. MY name is Emily. You might already know that and just used my screenname to keep me private but whatever. I live in Georgia so I'm far enough away. However there is a gas run here because our gas comes from New Orleans and most of the oil rigs were destroyed there. I've been watching the stuff on the news and yes, it just gets worse and worse every day. Thank you for praying for me and all. It's kind of suprising and nice to hear that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home