Pan Bloglodytes

One Monkey. One Typewriter. No Shakespeare.

Monday, October 31, 2005

From Year to Eternity

Halloween is rubbish at Pollock Halls. Everyone already seems to have done all manner of exciting spooky things while I was busy vomiting over a spreadsheet, and so tonight everyone's wandering around looking glum, and I have Oxbridge levels of work, most of which involves quoting journals that don't appear to exist. Spooky.

Still, there's a much more exciting event than National Be Terrified By Greedy Children Day on: Today is the first anniversary of Pan Bloglodytes, or my "Blogloversary", to coin the worst phrase ever. I feel kind of smug for my blog lasting this long, even if it is now in a hugely altered form, and the most interesting thing that was ever on it I nicked from Horizon, then deleted in a rage. Smugger too for having readers: you're greatm you are, all of you, and if you ever want to comment at how blatently stupid something I've said is, for God's sake do. I think the last time I said something intelligent was about five years ago, and it involved noodles.

Anyway, I'm sure you have better things to do tonight. So dress up and Scare well, and don't hesitate to combine todays events by dressing up as a cynical, undead chimpanzee. I do that pretty much every day of the year, after all.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey PB,

    Did you see the report today that they have just discovered that Mice can sing. Apparently when they sniff female pheremones it induces them to sing a minute long song in ultrasonic frequencies.

    Amazing, we live in a world where mice can sing.

     
  • At 1:57 pm, Blogger Em said…

    If we were silent for a little bit we might notice more things that we don't when we're talking.

    Just a thought.

    Another thought: I went to a concert. I'm so cool. Oh, and I've been wearing the same outfit for three days now. It now smells like pot and sewage because of the concert so perhaps I will change.

    Just thought you'd like to know what an interesting person I am and how I spent my Halloween.

     
  • At 3:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Appreciating the shorter posts for people with terribly short attention spans.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home