Pan Bloglodytes

One Monkey. One Typewriter. No Shakespeare.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Bigot Bob and the Pirates: The Worst Band Ever

I feel guilty for writing the last post, in a brazenly cynical sort of way. See, as my Blog veers ever further from the "cheerful observations about life" zone to the "ruthless Bigot who'll hunt you and your family down" one, I become less and less able to tell anyone about it. Why, a mere five days ago I could have had any number of Creationist cartoonists reading and politely chuckling, and now if I'll ask they'll spit all over me, using amylase-production ducts designed from above. I only mention all this because I had to tell my Christian friends to not look at my blog until I'd, like, written more stuff to obscure the last bit for ever and ever and ever, before they instantly went and looked at it. And Lord knows what they thought, quite possibly literaly.

Still, the hideous car crash between Religion, Secularism, and cartoons aside, I've had quite a good weekend, largely thanks to the aforementioned Christians, who are a lot more fun than I could possibly be without the assistance of some form of nose made out of balloons. We went to the cinema, gazed at the baffling art outside it, and ended up getting kidnapped by some Pirates as a result, which probably isn't what the art installation people had in mind. Mercifuly, though, they turned out to be the friendliest pirates ever, and gave us loads of jelly beans and sofas before letting us get away with narry a ransom at all, arr. Halloween, you see. Walking home I couldn't tell which people were dressed up and which weren't, being a hopeless simpleton Rube.

Which was better than today, when I went to the Swimming Pool, remembered I couldn't swim, and flailed around helplessly while some eight year olds laughed at me, and spent a good twenty minutes working out a calander for a 25-hour day, on the grounds it's be much better, before remembering that it wouldn't work. There was no November, which was great. November really sucks. That's all today.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:52 pm, Blogger Em said…

    You're good at exaggerating lots.

    Oh, and while I really do detest caling myself a Christian, I am some form of one and so I think I have a say in the topics you were speaking of. Honestly that would offend me too, the cartoons that is. God is love and that's all I know. Whatever you see that is not love is not from God. And therefore because of all the atrocities so-called Christians have done, mostly hypocrisy, intolerance, and lots of wars, people take that and assume God doesn't exist. Which is a perfectly logical assumption seeing the sorts of things people do to each other. But they are people. And all people are the same generally.
    I really don't know where I was going with this now. I do hope there was a point. If not, then at least you know I'm still alive and able to type. And since that's not a very reassuring thing, I'll add that I hope you are well. I really do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home